CareersJoin a winning team.
Come Join Us
Impact Research promotes personal and professional development and career advancement. By joining our team, you will gain valuable experience and exposure to challenging and rewarding work. Our firm is a place where you can grow into your full potential.
We believe that investing in individuals is the best way to achieve global success.
Impact offers a team-oriented working environment which allows professionals to learn and grow from their peers’ natural strengths as they tackle challenges and solve problems together. We are fortunate to be surrounded by a caring team that is highly skilled and motivated. Though our employees are passionate in the performance of their individual roles, they recognize that the team’s synergy produces results unattainable individually. Team members exhibit humility, empathy, and respect while also bringing intensity and their unique perspective to every project.
Open Employment Positions
Chief Financial Officer
Experience preferred: 10+ years working in business financial operations, preferably in a service industry.
Impact Research, Inc. is a nationally recognized Democratic polling firm with offices in Washington, DC, Boston, Chicago, New York and company headquarters in Montgomery, AL. Impact is looking for a Chief Financial Officer to begin immediately, in our Montgomery, AL office.
This is a new position brought about by the growth of the business and the need to have a dedicated lead over the firm’s financial operations to reach our strategic objectives and better serve our clients. The position reports to the partners at the firm.
This role would ensure that there are sound short-term and longer-term financial plans to support the overall strategic plan of Impact Research. The person hired will regularly analyze the health and effectiveness of all financial systems, policies, practices, and procedures. They would also lead internal improvements to maximize and protect the firm’s resources. They will give regular updates to the partners and keep them informed of the financial position of the firm.
To accomplish these goals, this person would direct the financial, accounting and operational areas including cash management, systems integrity, and risk management. They would also manage compliance on all financial matters including accounting, legal and tax regulations to ensure pertinent, accurate, clear, and timely financial data.
Finally, they will provide strategic guidance to, and develop strategy with, the senior leadership team in support of the firm’s goals and objectives. The hire will focus on business performance and develop forward-looking plans and budgets for growth of the firm.
Primary responsibilities include:
As a highly experienced finance professional with a proven track record of managing multiple aspects of finance operations – ideally holding a senior finance role within a professional services firm – you will be able to demonstrate related experiences needed to drive the following areas:
Strategic Planning and Budgeting
- Actively contributes to the development of the strategic plan and the associated financial plans including budgets and financial projections.
- Presents financial plans and budgets to the firm partners.
- Partners with the Senior Management Team to ensure financial and systems strategy development for the overall success of the firm.
- Proactively identifies, addresses and resolves issues related to the effectiveness of internal controls.
- Evaluates and mitigates operating risks and determines the appropriate management of those risks.
- Develops financial management policies and guidelines to ensure the protection of firm assets. Policies include, but are not limited to, investments, purchasing and overall internal controls.
- Seeks and utilizes input from the leadership team and other staff to effect participatory management in the development of policies.
Financial Management and Accounting Systems
- Directs the financial function so that partners are provided with information necessary for timely and effective decision-making and planning.
- Monitors financial position using various analysis techniques, including key indicator tracking, modeling, forecasting, etc. and manages the accounting function to produce pertinent, accurate, clear, and timely financial data.
- Serves as subject matter expert to partners and senior management on general finance issues.
- Ensures that all financial transactions are accounted for in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Develops and oversees all cash management strategies.
- Analyzes and coordinates long-term investment strategy.
- Manages, in partnership with COO, all banking relationships.
- In partnership with the COO, ensures full integration of data with all financial systems throughout the organization.
- Maintains compliance with all federal, state, local and private reporting requirements, including federal and state information tax returns, federal and state payroll tax returns, sales and property tax returns
People Management & Development
- Attract and retain finance top talent; set goals and manage performance and advancement for the team professionals
- Participates in learning opportunities to enhance individual, team, and organizational performance.
Personal Characteristics, Culture Fit, Values Alignment
We Believe in Being:
We know that our company is only as strong as the people that work within it, so we seek out and hire the best and brightest professionals in our industry. We have prioritized building a culture of innovation, inclusion, and empowerment. We are also deeply committed to advancing flexibility, authenticity, and opportunity. We provide trusted advice and solutions to build more progressive futures for our clients, colleagues and communities they serve.
Preference given to candidates who possess a mix of the following:
- Career experience or interest in the field of Democratic politics, issue advocacy, or progressive non-profit
- Career experience in the field of Public Opinion Research.
Impact offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes employer-paid health insurance and profit sharing. Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Open until filled.
Impact is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Impact encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
NO ACTIVE OPENINGS?
Impact Research is passionate about connecting with talented and heartfelt people working in the political and public-opinion industries. Even when we don’t have an opening listed on our website, please reach out and introduce yourself via email with your resume and cover letter. When open positions do arise, those who have reached out to us in the meantime will be immediately considered and those who fit the bill will be on the short list for interviews. We can’t wait to meet you!
Open Internship Positions
If you would like to start a conversation about employment, please fill out the form below.